|Client:||The Trust for St John’s Kirk of Perth|
|Dates:||July 2010 - July 2011|
The detailed proposals are based on the idea that churches should be inspirational, relevant and versatile. This ambition points to a future in which St John’s can be a focal point for all.
The project involved:
- improving access for disabled people and enhancing the West Door entrance
- installing more comfortable and flexible seating arrangements
- imaginative interventions to enhance the use of the Kirk
- upgrading building services including heating, lighting and acoustics
- enhancing the crossing of the nave and transepts as the focal point of St John’s
- introducing additional accommodation, meeting rooms, toilets, and office facilities
- enhancing visitor information and establishing and educational facility
- adding flexibility for varying congregations and audiences.